From: $50.00 / month
Disability Work LLN e-resource follows the story of “Sherri” and the LLN issues she encounters during her role as a support worker in the disability industry.
Resource includes online access to the eResource, FREE updates, and an UNLIMITED numbers of users.
Disability Work LLN e-resource follows the story of “Sherri” and the LLN issues she encounters during his role as a support worker in the disability industry.
Benefits for the RTO include:
- A one click solution to addressing students’ individual LLN learning needs.
- Evidence that the RTO is providing LLN support to all students.
- If linked to an LMS, reports could be generated by the RTO that provide evidence of the LLN e-learning resource being accessed by students.
Benefits for the Students include:
- Assistance in gaining basic vocational literacy to support their progress through their vocational course, and success in the workplace.
- Simple explanation of each word (using the vernacular where appropriate).
- Visual representation of each word.
- Correct pronunciation of each word.
- A “drag and drop” activity to check for correct understanding.
- Translation of the word into the main languages encountered in the disability industry.
- An opportunity to practice the correct spelling of the word, with feedback.
- Examples of the words used within a workplace context that supports students’ understanding of the workplace environment.
- Words are situated to the workplace via clustering of terms where similar application or context exists.
- Background images support the contexualisation of the words and “real world” application.
- Examples of how numeracy is embedded into their role.
- Explanation of signs seen in the workplace.
- Ability to use the resource in the privacy of their own home.
- Ability to review the resource as many times as the student requires to gain competency in their vocational literacy and numeracy.
Disability Work LLN e-resource supports remedial and adult learning principles by:
- The incorporation of repetition, reinforcement and reframing activities.
- The ability to move to any part of the resource and not being locked into a “linear” process provides the students with autonomy in their learning process
Subscribe To Our Updates
Subscribe below and we'll email you whenever we add a new article, or have valuable LLN and Professional Development information for you.